Curd Rice: A Superfood for People with Jet Lag or Aviation Issues
Curd rice is a traditional South Indian dish that is made by mixing cooked rice with curd, and is usually served as a main course or side dish. It is a popular dish among flyers, especially in India, as it is known to have several health benefits that can help alleviate some symptoms of jet lag. In this blog post, we will explore why curd rice is considered a superfood for flyers, and the importance of incorporating it into your diet while travelling.
The Importance of Curd Rice in Aviation
Curd rice has been a popular dish among flyers for decades, especially in India, where it is a staple dish. This is because it is known to have many health benefits that can help alleviate some symptoms of jet lag, which is a common problem for long-distance travellers. Jet lag is a temporary sleep disorder that is caused by the disruption of the body’s circadian rhythm, which regulates sleep-wake cycles. The symptoms of jet lag can include fatigue, insomnia, headaches, and digestive issues, all of which can make air travel uncomfortable and unpleasant.
One of the main reasons why curd rice is considered a superfood for flyers is because it is a probiotic food. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for the digestive system, and can help improve gut health. Flying can disrupt the digestive system, as changes in cabin pressure and altitude can cause bloating, gas, and constipation. Eating curd rice, which is rich in probiotics, can help to promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut, and reduce digestive issues.
Another reason why curd rice is important for flyers is because it is a rich source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the body’s primary source of energy, and are essential for staying alert and focused while flying. Eating curd rice can help to provide a steady source of energy throughout the flight, and prevent fatigue and drowsiness.
Curd rice is also a low-fat food, which makes it ideal for air travel. High-fat foods can slow down digestion, and make it more difficult for the body to absorb nutrients. This can lead to feelings of bloating and discomfort, especially when sitting in a confined space for long periods of time. Eating curd rice, which is low in fat and high in nutrients, can help to keep the digestive system running smoothly, and prevent discomfort.
The Benefits of Curd Rice for Jet Lag
Curd rice has several health benefits that can help alleviate some symptoms of jet lag. One of the main benefits is its ability to promote good sleep. Curd contains an amino acid called tryptophan, which is a precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps regulate sleep. Eating curd rice before bed can help to increase the levels of tryptophan in the body, and promote restful sleep.
Curd rice is also a good source of calcium, which is important for maintaining healthy bones and teeth. Calcium is also known to have a calming effect on the body, and can help to reduce anxiety and stress. This can be especially helpful for flyers, who may experience stress and anxiety during air travel.
In addition to these benefits, curd rice is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, vitamin D, and magnesium. These nutrients are significant for overall health and well-being, and can help to boost the immune system, regulate mood, and reduce inflammation.
How to Incorporate Curd Rice into Your Diet
If you are planning to fly in the near future, it is a good idea to incorporate curd rice into your diet a few days before your flight. This will help to prepare your digestive system for the changes that occur during air travel, and reduce the risk of digestive problems. Here are some tips:
- Make curd rice at home: Curd rice is a simple and easy-to-make dish that can be prepared at home. You can find many recipes online that show you how to make curd rice using basic ingredients such as cooked rice, curd, and seasoning.
- Add it to your meals: Curd rice can be served as a side dish with many types of meals, including Indian curries, grilled meats, and roasted vegetables. You can also add some chopped vegetables or fruits to curd rice to make it a complete meal.
- Eat it as a snack: Curd rice can be a great snack to have in between meals. You can pack it in a small container and take it with you on the go. It is a light and refreshing snack that can help to keep you full and energized.
- Use it as a dip: Curd rice can be used as a dip for vegetables, crackers, and other snacks. You can add some herbs and spices to the curd rice to give it more flavour and make it more interesting.
- Try different variations: There are many variations of curd rice that you can try, including adding different types of seasoning, fruits, or nuts. Experiment with different ingredients to find the combination that you like best.
In conclusion, curd rice is a superfood for flyers due to its probiotic properties, rich source of carbohydrates, and low-fat content. Incorporating curd rice into your diet can help to reduce the symptoms of jet lag and improve your overall health and well-being. It is easy to make at home and can be used in many different ways, making it a versatile and delicious addition to any diet. To learn more please visit the website of Srihatech.